Computer Studies 2019
Course Description and Learning Outcomes:
Courses in Computer Studies will be in preparation for the Computer Studies O Level Examination, which is made up of two papers and an assessment of practical work. TCTC prepare candidates for this examination and will provide suitable facilities for practical computer experience in:
- Computer Applications
- Computer Architecture and Data Representation
- Computer Systems
- Algorithmic Problem Solving and Programming
- Information and Communications Technology in Society
Aims This syllabus aims to:
- Stimulate and foster an interest in the use of computers.
- Develop practical skills in the use of computers.
- Develop skills in creatively applying information processing technology to problem solving.
- Provide a broad view of the range and variety of computer systems and applications.
- Develop the ability to communicate and interpret information and concepts relevant to computing.
- Introduce students to the fundamental concepts of computer science.
- Serve as a basis for further studies in Intermediate and Advanced level in Computing or Information Technology.
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for Students who are still in Secondary School preferably from Form 3 – Form 5 and any persons who wish to develop their skills in the use of computers.
What should I know before I join this course?
Fluency in the English Language
How long is this course?
This course is spread over 7 months, twice a week.
Students will be awarded an Official Certificate issued by Matsec after successful completion of the Matsec Exam.
Notes will be sent to the student via Google Drive
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here):
Kindly note that one can apply for the lessons or just for the project ONLY. For more information please visit one of our branches at Naxxar or Paola.