The Right Solution for your business!
INVESTING in SKILLS
About the Investing in Skills Scheme:
The Scheme was launched to promote the training of persons actively participating in the Maltese Labour Market, with the aim to increase productivity and enhance adaptability. With a budget of €8 million available until 30th June 2020, this scheme falls under Malta’s Operational Programme II of the European Social Fund - ‘Investing in human capital to create more opportunities and promote the well-being of society’ for the 2014-2020 programming period.
The applicant must meet all the eligibility criteria to benefit from this scheme. Eligible applicants cover all Employers having an economic activity irrespective of their legal form. These include partnerships, companies, family businesses, associations, individual self-employed or other body of persons, NGOs and Social Partners.
NGOs and Social Partners not having an economic activity are also eligible to benefit from the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for All Applicants:
a. Complete documentation - The Applicant shall fill in and submit the latest available Investing in Skills Application Form complete with all relevant details, enclosing supporting documentation, as applicable. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for processing.
b. Project implemented within / for the direct benefit of the eligible territory.
c. Incentive Effect: Aid shall be considered to have an incentive effect if the Beneficiary has submitted a written application for the aid before work on the project or activity starts. Therefore, claim and proof of deliverables should be dated after the submission date of the IIS application.
d. Eligible Training Programme: Aid shall not be granted for training which Employers carry out to comply with National Mandatory Standards on training (in other words, it must be voluntary training as opposed to legally enforced training). Furthermore, Information Sessions and Team Building events are not eligible under Investing in Skills since these are not considered as training.
e. The trainee needs to be formally employed with the beneficiary during the training period. Apprentices or students engaged in vocational training with an apprenticeship or vocational training contract are not eligible.
Furthermore, in the case of employers having an economic activity irrespective of their legal form:
f. Aid cannot be granted to any Undertaking found to be in difficulty. Jobsplus will conduct checks to ensure that every applicant Undertaking is financially sound.
g. Falls within the definition of undertaking.
Terms and Conditions:
- Full details on Investing in Skills are incorporated in the Implementation and Guidance Notes.
- Original applications must be received by the Investing in Skills Unit at 21 calendar days before the start dateof training
How to apply:
Applicants should submit an original and complete Investing in Skills Application Form together with the below documentation that can be found in the Forms Section.
It is important to read the IIS Implementation and Guidance Notes that provide detailed information regarding thescheme from start to finish. The following documents are also required:
The following documents are also required:
- Application Form (NGOs and Social Partners must indicate if they have an economic activity or not);
- Training Schedule Template duly filled in;
- Training Programme Template with detailed course content which is to be filled in by the training service provider;
- Where applicable, the financial estimates/latest Tax Return Form and Income Statement (Profit and Loss Account) (where applicable). Please refer to section 2.2.2 of the IIS Implementation and Guidance Notes.
- NGOs must submit the ‘Compliance Email’ issued by the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations.
- NGOs are also requested to submit a declaration signed by the President and or the General Secretary, identifying the person/s occupying an official position within their organisation. This declaration should clearly indicate who is responsible for the application. This person does not necessarily need be formally employed by the NGO.
- Social Partners must be registered with the Department of Industrial and Employment Relations (DIER) and submit supporting documentation from the DIER confirming that they are currently registered with them.
Other documentation may be required at any time for additional verification purposes.
IIS Application Stage Documentation
- Implementation and Guidance Notes
- Application Form
- Training Programme Template
- Training Schedule Template
- IIS Delegation of Authority
IIS Implementation Stage Documentation
- Trainer's Timesheet / Trainee's Attendance Sheet
- Definitions for Participants Report
IIS Reimbursement Stage Documentation
- Request for Reimbursement - For applications submitted until 30th November 2017
- Request for Reimbursement - For applications submitted 01st December 2017 onwards
- Trainee Wage Cost Calculator
- Financial Identification Form (TRS-9)
Applications (including all documentation) are to be submitted by registered post or by hand to:
EU Funded Schemes Division
Investing in Skills Scheme
Hal Far Road
Hal Far BBG 3000
Where will the courses be held?
Computer Classroom and Hardware
All courses will be held at the our TCTC centres that are closer and easily accessible by your staff. We have centres mainly in every region and Gozo. In order for TCTC to organise a group exclusively for your company staff, we would require the least 10 students that are able to attend in the same group. Alternatively, and more convenient, should you have more than 36 people attending, we can organise a class at your premises and this training will be carried out onsite. This will avoid additional time for your staff to arrive at our premises.
Many of these courses are ongoing, so you can contact TCTC on 21421784/5 and our staff will guide you with the groups and schedules available. If you opt for groups, I would recommend to set up a meeting and discuss this project in further detail and planning
Pre Course Assessment and Application form
TCTC has an online system already available for this purpose.An questionnaire that can be filled online will give us the necessary feedback to determine the level of competence of your students, and then establish a plan of what your training needs are.The application form is also online, so you do not need to have any manual applications from your staff. All is saved and can be exported in XLS so that together we will be able to evaluate your staff needs.
All certificates will be printed by TCTC and signed by TCTC School Director. You as an employer, will have your logo printed on certificates unless these certificate come directly from the competent accredited institutions such as ECDL or City & Guilds.
More information about this scheme can be found via https://jobsplus.gov.mt/schemes-jobseekers/investing-in-skills
For more information and enquiries please contact TCTC on 21421784/5 or email email@example.com for an appointment.
For more info on this ACCREDITED training programmes please visit:- https://tctcmalta.com/en/private-courses/courses/bycategory/13/name/asc/10/1/advancedcourses.htm
Level 1 = MQF-2
Level 2 = MQF-3
Level 3 = MQF-4