This course leads the students to understand most of the tools available in Dreamweaver in order to design, build, upload and maintain a website.
Who Should Attend:
ECDL Web Editing is an ideal certification for anyone who wishes to understand the fundamentals of creating websites, establish a web presence, and prove these skills against an international standard. It is also an ideal certification for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) who need a presence on the Web, but who do not possess the resources to develop and maintain a large-scale site; community/hobby groups who wish to communicate with their members in a low-cost way; and secondary school teachers and students who want to share information.
What should I know before I join this course?
Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment is required for this course.
CD containing notes and practical exercises
- Planning the site: define goals, profile audience, define a local site
- The development process: function, content, structure, visual solution
- Introduction to Photoshop: shape tools, foreground colour, marquee tool, pencil, gradient, eyedropper text tool
- Page Layout, Content and Navigation: different views in Dreamweaver, table slicing, HTML styles, creating hyperlinks, insert navigation bar
- Last Steps, Testing and Uploading: testing and maintenance, download time, interactivity, design, posting the website using FTP using Dreamweaver’s command, Getting users to return to your site, Final thoughts
Regular Attendance is awarded with a Certificate.