Web & Graphics
ECDL Web Editing is an ideal certification for anyone who wishes to understand the fundamentals of creating websites, establish a web presence, and prove these skills against an international standard. It is also an ideal certification for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) who need a presence on the Web, but who do not possess the resources to develop and maintain a large-scale site; community/hobby groups who wish to communicate with their members in a low-cost way; and secondary school teachers and students who want to share information.
- Planning the site: define goals, profile audience, define a local site
- The development process: function, content, structure, visual solution
- Introduction to Photoshop: shape tools, foreground colour, marquee tool, pencil, gradient, eyedropper text tool
- Page Layout, Content and Navigation: different views in Dreamweaver, table slicing, HTML styles, creating hyperlinks, insert navigation bar
Last Steps, Testing and Uploading: testing and maintenance, download time, interactivity, design, posting the website using FTP using Dreamweaver’s command, Getting users to return to your site, Final thoughts
This course leads the students to understand most of the tools available in Photoshop and also gives practical examples of how these can be used for personal or business requirements. The course is based on various workshops that highlight the use of this application for image editing, photo enhancements, creative montages and image creation. Detailed course notes are provided during the course together with various images that will be used during the lessons. The course starts from a beginner’s level but moves on to a very advanced level.
- Introduction: Getting around in Photoshop, resolution, Digital Cameras, Image Size, Using Layers, Saving for different purposes (print/web)
- Making Selections: Using the Selection Tools, using various layers, brushers, erasers, history, palette, colours, fill tool, gradients, adding text
- Enhancing an Image through Colour Correction: using histograms, levels, curves, hue and saturation, adjusting brightness and contrast, using Adjustment Layers, masks and paths
- Creating New Images out of existing Ones: using filters, sharpening Images, liquefy and extract tools, pattern maker, blend modes, changing an image to sepia and to black and white, using channels.
- Retouching Photos: retouching portraits, removing unwanted objects from a picture, using the healing tools and clone tool, layer styles, adding light to an image, making a fake picture look realistic
- Workshops: There are 20 different workshops throughout the whole course.
- Understand the main concepts of using digital images and understand graphic format options and colour concepts
- Open an existing image, save an image in different formats, and set image file options
- Use built-in options such as displaying toolbars or palettes to enhance productivity
- Capture and save an image, use various selection tools, and manipulate images
- Create and use layers, work with text, use effects and filters, and use drawing and painting tools
- Prepare images for printing or publishing